Informative workshops for parents and teens will be offered on Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. The grandparent workshop will start at 1:00 p.m. The majority of the workshops will be discussion groups. Also, please see the information at the end regarding the need for workshop facilitators.
- Each person can attend two workshops or one 3-hour block workshop (except Teens can only attend "Teen Talk") but we are asking you to give us five choices to work with as we make the assignments.
- Once you have chosen your top five choices, list them in order of preference on the workshop registration form for each person attending.
- Email form to TripletConvention@gmail.com . Put "Workshops" in the Subject Line.
- Assignments will be made on first-come, first-served basis.
- Your workshop assignments will be in your arrival packet at the convention. Workshop registration deadline is June 30
1. 3 Peas in a Pod: Fraternal or identical individual identity is important.
2. Multiple "Feets": (Ages newborn to 1) Life in an exhausted state. A checklist for surviving the first year.
3. It's Mine! Conflict Resolution: (Ages 1 & 2) Defining ways to organize and structure the day. How to begin to set and enforce reasonable limits. Teaching age-appropriate conflict resolutions.
4. Preschoolers 101: (Ages 3 & 4) Limit setting, being pro-active rather than reactive, a variety of ways to structure the day and play times.
5. 1+1=3: (Ages 5 to 10) School Issues: Pros and Cons of classroom placement options. How to deal with major discrepancies in skills & abilities.
6. Parenting Teens: Enjoying the journey.
7. Kids in Sports: Parents, kids, & sports where do you draw the line? How many sports? Same team or separate teams?
8. Teen Talk! For Teens Only! (3 Hrs.): Structured for teenage multiples and siblings of multiples.
9. Spoiling is Our Game (Grandparent is Our Name): Grandparents sharing stories and pictures of your multiple grandchildren.
10. Super Dad!: The art of leading your family. Identifying and dealing with the pressures of a large family.
11. Keeping the Spark Alive!: Essentials for enhancing our marriages.
12. Cheaper By The Dozen: Tips on economizing, daily budgeting and long term planning.
13. The "Special" Child: Families of children with special needs.
14. Time Management: Learning to organize your day.
15. Family Team Building: Building stronger family bonds.
PARENT WORKSHOPS: FACILITATORS NEEDED!
We are currently working to find facilitators for the workshops and could use your help. Most of these will be discussion groups. We can provide several discussion questions and some background information on each topic. If a facilitator has their own questions or material that is great, we are happy to discuss that with them. We are looking for people who are:
ï¿½ Parents or grandparents of triplets or more who will be attending the convention.
ï¿½ Balanced in their views and open minded to other's opinion.
ï¿½ Able to communicate clearly and effectively, and in an interesting manner.
ï¿½ Experienced, to some degree, in working with small groups leading discussions.
ï¿½ I specifically need people who have expertise in the following areas: finance, working with teens, marriage counseling, and grandparenting.
- Any help that you or your group could give would be very valuable. If you would be interested, or know of someone you could recommend, please call: Kim Jones on 202-255-5091 or e-mail her at Kim@TripletConvention.com.
To finish your registration please ensure all of the following are completed:
1. Register your entire family by filling out the registration form.
2. Fill out the Family Memory Book Form.
3. Order your convention t-shirt Convention T-Shirt Order Form
4. Download, complete, and mail the Workshop Registration Form.
5. Make your Hotel Reservation.
6. Pack Your Bags! We can't wait to see you there!
Help us keep a good thing going!
Deadlines for 2017
- Convention registration deadline is APRIL 30!
Parents: $120 each
Accompanying adults: $100 each
Children (ages 12-17): $90 each
Children (ages 2-11): $80 each
Children under age 2: No charge (also, no food is provided)
2017 WORKSHOP TITLE CHOICES (*tentative)
SCHOOL DAYS - Pros and cons of classroom placement options. How to deal with major discrepancies in skills and abilities.
KIDS IN SPORTS - Parents, kids & sports: Where do you draw the line? How many sports? Same team or separate teams?
PARENTING TEENS - Enjoying the journey!
SUPER DAD! - The art of leading your family. Identifying and dealing with the pressures of a large family.
CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN - Tips on economizing, daily budgeting and long term planning.
TIME MANAGEMENT - Learning to organize your day.
FAMILY TEAM BUILDING- Building stronger Family bonds.
Follow the convention